Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Name Same Game

Today, while I was thinking about what I would write, I was actually  thinking of some of the things I do right now to try to stay healthy. The word "Quest" came to me.  Such an odd word, not used much in today's society.  So I decided to look it up, because I feel like this journey I am on to make my family's life as healthy as it can be, is going to take a lifetime.  Therefore I believe it is a quest, thus the change in the name of my blog.  So for those of you who don't think in the Medieval terms, here's what it means.  Quest: 1. to search or pursue, in order to find or obtain something.  Well that's just what I feel I am to do for my family.  Find the best ways for our family, to stay healthy spiritually, and physically, and to live as full a live as we were created to have. 
So I have talked about our water consumption, I talked about sleep, and by the way, rest in the afternoon is huge in our family, if we are home. We all oldest to youngest still put our feet up for at least 15 min a day.  Look at other cultures who have long living, vibrate old folks, they all took siesta's growing up. 
So today here is my new tip: cut back on  cooking with fat, we use good oils, coconut, extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable or even butter.  However, I still use a little butter on my  cabbage and eggs in the morning.  My kids love it, and hey, if they are going to eat cabbage, I am going to give them a little butter.
By the way, since I am not your all or nothing kind of person, I have been slowly introducing new things into our diet for about 10 years.  So if I can do it, so can you.  It's not hard to start getting healthy, you just have to want to do it.
Have a blessed day, and remember you are what you eat...lol  I just ate a granola bar, I am pretty nutty.  lol  corny I know.

Hugs, <><
Cecile

–verb (used without object)
6.
to search; seek (often followed by for  or after ): to questafter hidden treasure.
7.
to go on a quest.
8.
Hunting (of a dog)
a.
to search for game.
b.
to bay or give tongue in pursuit of game.
–verb (used with object)
9.
to search or seek for; pursue.
Origin: 
1275–1325;  (noun) Middle English queste  < Old French  < Latinquaesīta,  feminine past participle of quaerere  to seek; (v.) MiddleEnglish questen  < Old French quester,  derivative of the noun

quest·er, noun
quest·ing·ly, adverb
un·quest·ed, adjective


1.  hunt, seeking, journey, mission, enterprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment