Friday, June 24, 2011

Doing My Best, and Laughing About The Rest

First let me say thanks to Barbara Johnson for the title of this posting...it was very fitting...


What a beautiful day I had today. I spent almost the entire hot day outside.  From mowing the lawn, to pulling up bushes, to making a great homemade slip and slide area for my kids. 


In the midst of all that, I had times where things just didn't go as planned.  I wanted to make the yard look good, and my kids to have the best time. I just wanted to get way too much done in one day.


After yanking up some old azalea bushes and I mean old, they had roots that I thought reached to China, I decided to mow over the area.  In trying just a little too hard to get an area cleaned up, I got the riding mower stuck.  I was so frustrated.  I had worked so hard all day and then to end it getting stuck...I wanted to cry.  Well my wonderful oldest daughter runs and gets the four-wheeler, and in  first born fashion, she proceeds to get a chain and she and my 14 year old daughter pulled me out.  We just started laughing.   It was great fun and we made a great memory.  If I had cried, yelled or got really mad, I think my girls would not have as wonderful a memory as they will always have, of mommy getting stuck and they got her out.


Today's tip:  Laughter makes good medicine.  Laugh, have fun, doing something you don't normally do that you would have done 10 or 20 years ago. 
Job 8:21 He will yet fill your mouth with Laughing. :)

Joy is the one contagious disease that's welcomed by the medical community. (unknown):)


I found this on Mercola.com

Laughter has a real beneficial effect on your physical health, according to research. In the study, subjects were observed as they watched both serious movies and comedies. During the comedies, their arteries dilated and their blood pressure dropped, suggesting that laughter can in fact be a powerful medicine indeed.

The study looked at 20 healthy participants with an average age of 33. The results showed for the first time that laughter is linked to healthy function of blood vessels. It appears to cause the endothelium, which is the tissue that forms the inner lining of blood vessels, to dilate or expand in order to increase blood flow.

The study also showed that the opposite effect occurred when the subjects watched suspenseful films, suggesting a link between mental stress and the narrowing of blood vessels.
A separate study also found that viewing a humorous film may be helpful for the study and treatment of local IgE production and allergy in the reproductive tract. 
Until next time, Live, Love and Laugh,    HUGS <><  Cecile


No comments:

Post a Comment