Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Some Words Are Like Medicine

Today I started out with a devotion with the children, little guys and big guys, that I thought was fitting to my quest for a healthier lifestyle.  In the morning in our house we have mostly early risers.  Yes, everyone is usually up by 7:30.  But we do have a couple of stragglers, who just by their make up, don't usually have a smile on their face and or a kind word for anyone.  Over the years, in my training of the children, I have not let them get out of their beds if they were going to be grouchy or unkind in anyway.  However, they also are not allowed to stay in their beds.  So, in the off chance I have had to send them back to bed, I only allow them a few moments of composure time.  I have made it a point for many years, unless sick, to have a smile, a good morning hug and a usually a kind word for each individual in the house.  I have found it makes the grouchy, moody attitudes disappear pretty quickly.

Back to our morning devotion time, which by the way, usually happens at the breakfast table with everyone present.  The verse was Proverbs 16:24  Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.  I know from experience if I speak ill words to others, their countenance drops, their shoulders sink and they walk around like a sack of potatoes.  However, as in most mornings, you can usually find skipping, running, and laughing in our house.  I hope that it is because, I have found a cure for the "grouchies."

Health tip for today:  Go to bed early enough, so you can get up refreshed and able to give a kind word to someone the next day.  I have heard it said, figure out what time you want to get up and count back eight hours and that is the time you should be in bed.

Imagine how many diseases may be cured if we went to bed and actually got the rest our bodies needed.

I leave you today with yet another verse Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine.

My question:  I wonder how much medicine would not have to go through our liver if we actually had joy?

P.S. I feel I should PS this with, I am not perfect, their are times when I need to go back to bed to because I haven't got the rest I needed.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment